Off-Site Research Paper Contest
In Minnesota, Research Papers do not compete alongside Exhibits, Documentaries, Websites, and Performances at the Regional event due to the length of time needed to view and judge a Paper. Paper students are welcome to attend the Regional event in which their school is attending and receive a participation ribbon, but they will not be interviewed by judges at this event. Paper students are not required to complete a process paper.
Each school may enter as many Papers as they would like into the First-Round of judging. Paper entries are subject to the $10.00/student entry fee.
2020 Research Paper Judging Process and Timeline
- Tuesday, March 3: Research Papers registered and uploaded by 10:59 pm CST
- Thursday, March 5: Complete list of all Paper entries posted
- Wednesday, March 25: State Finalist Papers are posted on our website. State Finalists will get an email from ZFairs by Thursday, March 26 with registration information.
- Friday, April 17: State Finalist registration forms and topical prize nominations are due by 11:59 pm.
- Tuesday, April 21: Finalist Research Papers emailed to Sarah Aschbrenner by 11:59 pm. Due to a Virtual State Contest, there will be no interveiws for Finalist Papers.
- Sunday, May 3 at 7 pm: National Qualifiers announced.
Important Links for Research Paper Students: